Forums

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Decluttering and home maintenance

Yahoo @Smc  

Seeing progress = encouraging

Keeping up momentum = desirable

Finding things that you were looking for = yay

Having a process in place = facilitates

Not getting my knickers in a twist ... undies draw sorted 😀

05d920b45fdd17c50763eb7fe1fa80df.jpg

All remaining items suitable for "in case of emergency".

declutter
/diːˈklʌtə/
 verb
gerund or present participle: decluttering

A real-life three dimensional hidden object game, where the prize for removing enough unwanted objects is the discovery of forgotten or mislaid "treasures".
"I decluttered the bedroom, and found the Christmas decorations under the mending pile. Pity it's too late to put them up now."

clutter.jpg
(True story. We lost ours two Christmases ago, but they turned up again halfway through the year... 😛 )

@Former-Member @Smc @Determined @greenpea @Shaz51 

Ms S and I are trying Marie Kondo KonMari de clutter method after watching some of her you tube videos and Netflix episodes .. 

Ms S is so enthusiastic about it and wants to change the whole house !! Anyway we r starting with clothes tomorrow and will have a go at letting go of lots of items and storing those we keep using her folding and storage methods .. will be interesting !!

All the best with it @Sophie1 . 🙂
I managed a bit yesterday. I tend to keep plastic tubs from yoghurt, dips and suchlike for freezer and fridge storage. I refuse to buy disposable plastics when so many re-usable plastics come home with ordinary grocery shopping. BUT I've kept too many. I know which types of containers are my regular "go to" sizes, so I'm culling out other odd sizes/shapes, and also any which are getting ratty. I also managed to ferret out some more papers to feed to the worms. So that's reduced the house stockpile volume by another 2-3 boxfuls worth.

@Smc 

Consolidating containers √

More paperwork sorted √

Progress √√√

@Sophie1  will have to check out the Marie Kondo method.

Have donated the two items of clothing that we brought with us on holiday for that purpose. 

@Former-Member @Smc  ok today I’m going to a little bit of sorting rather than nothing ... trying not to be overwhelmed by telling myself a little bit is ok 

A little bit each day adds up to a lot in the long run @Sophie1. images (2).jpeg

Hi @Former-Member and @Smc 

today was scarves drawer ... only kept the scarves that spark joy - halved my sizeable collection and folded it neatly so that’s great 

feels good to have started - just one drawer but better than no drawer 

Off the starting blocks @Sophie1 🙌

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance