Forums

Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: I don't know anymore and I need a break from it all

Yeah I hear you @Flying_Hams here for ya buddy

What's going on:? @Flying_Hams 

Just not happy is all @saltandpepper
Weird experience at work today. Dunno what to make of it

Ahkay @Flying_Hams so what happened at work?

I'm a bit behind the convo here @Flying_Hams but thinking of you.

I saw a tshirt recently: your anxiety is lying to you.

Yes, simplistic, but it can be the case.

It's hard to contemplate when you're in the thick of it, but at some stage when you can step back it's worthwhile.

Yesterday I am thinking one thing about what my colleagues think of me @saltandpepper
That they respect me and know I'm doing my job. Then one or two instances occur where it makes me question this.
I think they may be gossiping.
But idk. I hate it. It reminds me of my old workplace.
I just ask myself the question - am I doing all I can to ensure I'm doing my job. The answer is yes. I believe I am.
Its just the inter-office political BS that I hate. With a passion.
Fortunately there seems to be others who I can chat to - its just that I wont be working with them closely.
But again, the job itself and what I am doing is better than where I was. Plus this role is temp til October.
Wont be forever. I think of it like a skills booster. A short term course in that regard.
It doesn't sound PC I know, but there is a different dynamic in existence when there are more women than men in these sorts of roles.

Hey man sorry I'm a bit empty on the support offerings atm. Think you kinda hit the nail on the head though, you're reminded of your old workplace--old wounds. Everyone gossips, that's humans for ya. Focus on the people you're comfortable wirh and try not to let that other shit get in your head. Hey maybe they're talking about how they wanna bone you, I don't know, maybe it's not bad stuff 

work is mostly about personal interaction not 'whether you can do the job or not' @Flying_Hams  if you get on with others, they will cut you slack with work stuff til you get it

its a mistake I made over and over for decades, thinking, oh Im good at what I do. That has a little bit to do with it, but it's mostly how you fit in

if you talked to these people or at least remained neutral and kept an open mind  might be a better way to go.

think they might see you avoiding them and wondering why you are acting like that(because of your imagination?) so it would become self-fulfilling. 

not sure what the ;weird' thing was? you didnt say 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance