Forums

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Living with Ourselves

@Sophia1

🤗 🙏

Well said. You are a brave soul and a kind heart. I wish you every success from here on in. Thank you for your update.
Former-Member
Not applicable

Sending love and hugs to you @Sophia1 I wish life was easier for you. 💜💖🌷🌸

I am so sorry to hear about the abuse from your family member and I am glad that you are able to tell them, “no more”. 

It must be so draining for you. 

Good to hear your surgery was a success. And don’t worry at all that you can’t reply individually. I understand totally. It’s hard to reply to everyone at times. 

I often struggle to find words to reply to people’s lovely messages. 

Its good that you can share your trials with us. I think that we all understand and I wish you better things ahead. 

Take care. 

🌺🌸

@Sophia1 Sophia1 you never have to explain about your particular family member. Speaking for myself I completely understand and sympathyze. You are a very courageous woman. Love gp xxx

..that's terrible  @Sophia1 Take it easy  You..

Love to you @Sophia1  just read the post where you tagged me, and thanks for the tag.  I think of you often and realise that real life has to come first and at times we all need a break from the forums.

Very sorry to hear about the status with your family member being so abusive currently.  At some point with that sort of behaviour from another we simply have to realise our own needs, put some boundaries in place, and stop enabling their behaviour by accepting or not challenging it.   I had to do it all over again with my nearly 30 y.o. child not so long ago when they were abusing me while trying to get money from me so I think I get what it's like for you.  Wise to protect your other one from that behaviour too.

Wonderful to hear that your last op was such a success.  Hoping you continue to gradually get stronger again and that your MRI will also be clear.

Thankyou for such a beautiful, well-considered post.  Take care xx 

Hi @Sophia1 I'm sorry that I have been absent for so long.

I hope your MRI scan will be clear.

I had an MRI of my brain, only a few weeks ago.

It was clear - though that means the actual causes were not discovered.

I am sorry that you still have on-going stress, caused by a family member, & their inappropriate behaviour.

I don't call my interstate relatives family - although we still have emotional ties, & sometimes meaningful connections.

Their concerted behaviours when I last saw them were indefensible.

So hopefully I do understand.

Adge

What a lot you have had happening @Sophia1

And you did the right thing is sorting out your own life and taking time out from the forum - you have had a lot to deal with and this must have been a terrible strain - so much stress!

I hear what you are saying about your family member - oh dear - I went through so much of this with my son - you are doing the right thing telling him the limits of the conversation - he needs Tough Love and it sounds as if you are dealing it out - no bad-mouthing the other people in the family - including yourself - and telling him you will love him - though not some of the things he is doing

Hard work that

And your mother - yes - wonderful at Christmas then hanging up on you - and how brave you are to accept this is how she is - I couldn't do that with my mother - I had to walk out on her but this wasn't simply age-related dementia - it had gone on for my whole life - but this isn't easy either - I understand

And your spine - the strong possibility that you will not need more surgery is so good I could get up and have a dance myself - clapping with glee - we are - after all - really just big kids at heart

And all the best for your next MRI in March - hopefully you can be on the 5 year list then - maybe clear of it all - how great that will be - I am thinking of it in positive-mode also

All our emotions are part of who we are - we do not need to concern ourselves with the expectations of others - we are on our own version of the Yellow Brick Road in a world full of wonderful things that can be scary and we may find there will always be things we don't understand

I am glad you are back - my own version of the Yellow Brick Road has been really bright and unnatural - all sorts of adventures I was not planning but happened anyway

And I am trying to make up my mind about going to Hobart or Lakes Entrance in a few weeks - either would be great

It's really good to hear from you - no need to post individually - you wrote a great post there explaining so much and keeping us up to date

Maybe we are all off to see the wizardMaybe we are all off to see the wizardMaybe we are all on the same journey but interpret it differently - I am glad I am on it with you

Dec

Hi @Sophia1...

Hi @eudemonism @Adge @MDT @outlander @Owlunar

Smiley Happy

@Sophia1 Your post was full of heart, love, realism and truth.  I am so sorry you have had so much struggle with your health and your older boy. 

The transmission of trauma through the generations is particularly sad.  

I feel privileged to be sharing this journey of life with its challenges.

Hi @Appleblossom i hope all is well
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance