Forums

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Support for L-B

@PeppyPatti who is similar to me?

😆 in what way? 
G

@tyme  wrote 

Happy Friday 😺 

I added the little kitty. I thought that's what you write ✍️ 

Hi @tyme @Asgard @Oaktree struggling with anxiety..my Psychiatrist says I am managing it really well but of course cannot make it go away..feeling lost and starting to lose hope.

Hey @L-B, thank you for sharing your experiences with the community!

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing anxiety and your psychiatrist did not support you in the way you hoped. I do believe that anxiety can be greatly reduced over time though this is up to the individual and everyone experiences it differently. So, what has worked for me for example may not necessarily work for you.

I encourage you to hold on to hope that you can recover and move forward in your recovery journey. Do you have other supports in the community who may be able to support you to manage your anxiety? 

The Forums are a great place to share your experiences and other Members here may be able help support you too. Please continue to reach out with your peers here on the Forums.

Take care

RiverSeal 

Thanks @RiverSeal , I have other support but it's not working...I guess it's up to me to solve it

How you doing @L-B?

Does sleep help?

G

@Glisten No, sleep doesn't help. Distraction helps a bit.

Hey @L-B 

Hugs.

Sorry it's hard at the moment. 

When things have been hard for me in the past, I remember that, like the weather, crap weather passes. I believe this unpleasantness will also pass.

While you are in it, remember we are with you so you don't have to do it alone. 

You have made marked gains and improvements. I believe in you.

Thinking of you and wish you the best for the week ahead. I'll catch you later this week.

OK @tyme , the unpleasantness will hopefully pass as you say..

@L-B  No sleep is the WORST‼️

You poor soul. 
I had insomnia for 3 years it is horrible. Day I just cried all day then finally crashed. Only to start the cycle again.

I had to go to the doctor to get proper sleep medication.

I don’t want to offer advice. It use to give me the sh!ts when they gave me unsolicited advice. As if I had not already tried everything to sleep.

I hope you conk out soon.

G

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance