Forums

Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: The Challenges of Mental Health Wellbeing

I was going a little better but have been feeling quite sick physically with getting twinges in the kidney region again which hopefully is just a pulled muscle from tossing and turning all night.

I had intended on trying to finish my blanket but guess what. One row to go and i run out of yarn and big w has been out of that yarn for ages so im going to have to see if someone local has just one ball they would sell to me 😣

Sorry that wasnt suppose to be about me.

Whats your plans for tomorrow? How are the boys? Any more cockroaches lol @Sans911

My dearest lil Sis @outlander, you can talk about you anytime. This is not MY thread to talk about ME.

Damn about the blanket. You'll work it out.

I've got a talk presentation for an organisation that supports mental health issues. It's for one of the volunteer groups I do events for.

I'll also got my support worker tommorow. Then a volunteer walk in the afternoon. So a busy day with probably no time for packing.

What about you?

I hope the pain in your kidneys settle down soon. More pain is the last thing you need.

I know.. i know but I wanted to talk not blurt out the various things wrong lol.

Iwas just watching something on fb about mh. It was actually pretty special. A farmer in Tassie made a blue farmer made out of bailing twine and had the community involved in it. They used the twine to knit the various parts of the farmer before putting him together. Its on the ABC South West fb page and called big blue farmer fights depression. If your interested in having a better look.

Sounds like a busy day but a good kind of busy. Im impressed with all the things you continue to do. A proud lil sis. Makes me want to reach through the screen and give you a squishy hug.

No real plans atm. Except finding a roll of yarn now. It seems one one thing goes wrong my body the rest starts to crumble too so doesnt surprise me really. Oh and paying bills as well as taking pop for a haircut as hes starting to look abit like a clown when he wears his hat so time.for a haircut.

@Sans911

Haha-I have a funny image of your pop.

Sometimes things come out when we don't intend. It's OK you know.

I'll check out that ABC story you've mentioned.

Your body is under so much stress both physically & mental, it wouldn't take much for something else to happen and tip its coping mechanisms close to the edge. I really feel for you.

So you can give me a squishy hug but I'll be more gentle with you lil Sis

@outlander

Lol yes he looks like hes been having some very bad hair days @Sans911 thatll be fixed up tomorrow. He can do that while i pay the bills. The post office is only a 5 min walk from the barber shop so will work out well.

Hopefully you can find that story. Was really unique way of talking about mh and raising awareness.

Thanks sis hugs are good even the gentle ones.

Whats Mr A and Jasper up to? They arent chasing bugs around the house again are they!?

I know youll be heading to bed soon to so might even just sit quietly and read a book-im sure youve got one laying around i can read!

I've no idea where the cockroach is from last night and I really don't want to know. They're busy (well Mr A is) doing zoomies up and down the hallway right now. I won't have a hallway in the new place so it will interesting the path he takes. Jasper is pouncing on him when he returns, so now they're play fighting.

I've just taken my meds (a bit late for me). And I've finally remembered to bring the The Bedtime Leunig with me to bed. Have you heard of Michael Leunig at all @outlander?

Thats abit cute! @Sans911 im sure they will find somewhere else to play zoomies

No i havent.......

Micheal Leunig is an artist, poet & illustrator @outlander. He's Australian and been around for a long time. He's written a few books, and often does cartoons for the newspapers. His humour is a little off-beat as he has an odd way of portraying life.

I've got lots of other books for you though. What's your fancy tonight?

I think you might have gone to bed/sleep my sweet lil Sis. I'm signing out myself. Sweet dreams my angel.

@outlander
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance