Forums

Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: The safe room- somewhere to just come and sit.... offload... feel supported

Hi @Snowie , i hope you are okay? Just wanted to check in with you this morning....please let us know you are safe. I know life can be tough at times but you have lots of support from your peers here who care for you. Take care of yourself and i hope today is a better day for you.

Cheers traveller (mod)

@Former-Member In no way did you say anything to upset me.

Today is looking a little better. Spoke to my pdoc this morning which helped and was able to off load onto him about a few issues.

Hoping today remains calm and trigger free

@Lostandalone @Eve7 @traveller 

being kind to ourselves is probly one of the hardest things to do when your facing any sort of Anxiety /Depression or mental health issues,but Im finding as always I still have alot to learn alot of it is to do with changing or questioning my negative thought patterns and not getting so caught up in a negative spiral of thinking simply because thats where my brain wants to go at times,still learning to be kind and not see everthing through the mind of anxiety Im a work in progress and as I tell myself Im getting there,just a side note a few strange things I do when highly anxcious lately has been that Im honking the car horn too frequently as a way of saying hello/bye to people lolSmiley Embarassed,screaming suddenly but in a good way when Im happy/excited about something or when Im very frustrated I tend to scream at people instead of talking,so yeah anxiety makes my emotions go out the window in terms of self control at times but I can see the funny side of it lol humour is a great way to deal with anxiety and feeling overwhelmed so I have at times made light of those situations and laughed about it to deal with it

@Snowie I’m glad to see that your safe and doing some better today. 

@Snowie  Thank you for let us know. Hope you stay strong.

Today is the sixth anniversary of my best friends passing. Lynda lived with breast cancer on and off for 20 years. Never did she give up. Miss you 💞🌹

i am am going to take a break from the forums for a week or two. Not strong enough to be on here ATM it's just hard. I can't reach out to the help lines as we have a shared mobile and my husband has it.  I have tried to find a GP but no look there.  Also still really struggling with how I was very abruptly and badly treated by two people who I really liked and trusted from the MH clinic. Just can't understand it.   I don't seem to have any luck with people in the medical field. 

Love Always-hope 💐

@Former-Member 😔🌺💪🌻🌹

Emelia 💞

do you ever think things will get better?

Unsure @Bow ... but I hope so. 💖

Do your meds make you feel like you are drugged? Know that’s random and they are a drug, but like a really uncomfortable unpleasant feeling in your body? I’ve never used drugs and the odd occasions that I have drunk, I have this similar feeling. I had this feeling for a couple of days last week when I started these meds.... and feeling it rather intensely today. 

I've never taken, nor experimented with, illegal or recreational drugs either @Bow , so I am unable to compare. Never even smoked tobacco. The only substance I use is alcohol. Different MH meds affect everyone differently. Some of those feelings will reduce or disappear over time. Try to hang in there while your body adjusts.

Emelia 💝

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance