Forums

Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Ty-rex
Casual Contributor

Advice about being admitted

Im in a very complicated, awkward and bad situation at the moment and i feel as if getting admitted to hospital for my mental health is my only option but its difficult because my parents are in denial about a lot of stuff relating to my mental health and i don't know what to do and i feel like if i dont do something about it now it will become dangerous.

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Advice about being admitted

@Ty-rex 

I'm not sure how to address the problem if your parents are not on board. Are you reliant on them for support- financial and otherwise?

I'd like to add though- it is great that you have the presence of mind and the ability to realise you need help. That's a huge step right there.

I hope someone here might be better able to assist you.

All the best with it. Sincerely.

@StuF 

I do have my own job but no form of trasport including public and i live pretty far from any towns. My coworker offered to take me to the GP if thats what i really want to do or even take me straight to the hospital if thats what the next step is. My main issue other than that would be my parents interfering and how they would react to it all because i feel like it could end very badly

Perhaps take up your friends offer to drive you to the GP and let the doctor know where your head is at with it all and your concerns re parents. Could even ask your friend to go into the appointment with you for some support if needed @Ty-rex 

@Ty-rex 

Hi, wanted to know if you've got anywhere with this?

I couldn't really suggest any more than @saltandpepper 

Do you have a GP that knows you?

@StuF 

My co-worker and I have set a plan to go to the GP and tell my parents I'm staying at her house for a few days until I can tell them I have been admitted so that it's too late for them to get me out of it because regardless of if it's best for me they would try and talk me out

@Ty-rex 

Go well. All  the best with it

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance