Forums

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Dentists

Hi @The-red-centaur thank you, truly, for your post 💛

I'm sorry you're feeling overwhelmed, and totally get where you're coming from. Its absurd that essential healthcare, such as dental costs, are so expensive, and not really covered by our so called 'universal' healthcare provider.

I hate that so many are having to resort to things like crowdfunding. These are essential needs, and our society prospers best when it cares for those in need rather than treating people like scum if they can't afford exorbitant medical bills. Regardless, thanks @SmilingGecko for the suggestion, it seems like one of the only viable options for things like this currently.

Sorry also for jumping into this a bit late. How are you feeling about this today? Have you been able to look at other options?

With kindness,
Xibon

Hello @Xibon @The-red-centaur I did not know what else to suggest. Yes I know its serious business if you have to go online and ask for money. Had an online friend from Malaysia however in a situation of hope against hope requiring thyroid surgery fairly soon and she had absolutely no money and somehow just by chance people paid for her surgery. Had a friend of a friend in the fires in NSW with no car to get to her Bed & Breakfast to service it which was her sole income and Go fund me raised money for a replacement vehicle. One of her adult children adopted a cat and could not afford vet bills, that was another instance I knew of. The vet bills got paid. I wish there was an easier way especially when we don't know about outcomes of these things. I understand hardship and the demoralising situations people like us find ourselves in. I also don't like the way the poor get treated. Government services treat the poor like rubbish

Thanks for the information @SmilingGecko , I didn't know that. 

@The-red-centaur @NatureLover @SmilingGecko @Xibon @MayaBird07 

Dental is health care and should be available to all people, not just the privileged and wealthy.

It's not right. We do care. People aren't alone. This isn't how we treat our families, this isn't how we should treat our people, any people. 

You're not alone! x 

Hey @SmilingGecko 

I'm sorry, I absolutely did not mean to deride your suggestion. Its a realistic and good idea - just an option I wish people didn't have to use. It sounds like quite a distressing situation with your friend, and a similar thing happened with myself and others when our places were destroyed by flood. Nonetheless, I just wish the funding or support was there.

@8ppleTree I could not agree more, healthcare should be a basic human right.

Yes the costs are through the roof and the situation is very demoralising. I saw my overseas friend from Malaysia have to beg for money on go fund me for her thyroid operation. She was very sick and had no money whatsoever to pay for it herself. The money came through at the last minute. We all thought she was going to die. Its a very stark reality, its unfair and people should not be placed in these situations @Xibon 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance