Forums

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Anabel
Casual Contributor

Family

I have a disable adult  son who lives in another town.He rings me a lot .My husband gets annoyed.I feel stuck in between n stressed

19 REPLIES 19
tyme
Community Lead

Re: Family

Hey @Anabel ,

I'm hearing how stressful it can be. 

Does your son have any supports in place who can help him so he is less reliant on you? At the same time, are you able to set some boundaries around when and for how long he can speak to you for?

I hear that you are a rock in a hard place. 

Please look after yourself. You are certainly not alone. 

We look foward to hearing from you.

Hi @Anabel!

Welcome to the forums.

It's fantastic you communicate frequently with your son. However as this is causing a stressful situation something needs to be done.   

Is there the capacity to talk with your son about limiting the frequency of the calls or even the time of day in which he calls?

Could you talk with your husband and discuss the effect this situation is having on you?

Remember that your own health is just as important as anyone else's. 🙂

Hello @Anabel and welcome, it's nice to have you here.

That does sound like a tough situation. I can imagine you must feel a lot of love and concern for your son with being long distance and having a disability. On the other hand you are also are trying to keep your husband and relationship happy and he finds the constant phone calls disruptive which is causing you stress.

You might need to try strike some balance and boundaries with the both of them.

Do you have anyone you can talk about your feelings to? 

Anabel
Casual Contributor

No sad to say 

Anabel
Casual Contributor

Thank you

Anabel
Casual Contributor

Thank you

I am so sorry to hear that @Anabel and I am glad you found this forum as a support for you. 

Hi @Anabel I just want to acknowledge the difficulties you are going through and boost what other commentors have said. 

Why does your husband get annoyed? 

Just checking in with you @Anabel hope you are finding some balance.

Remember to take the time to look after yourself. 🙂 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance