Forums

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: All Things Sport...

@Former-Member @MDT Watching the women's doubles final - Stosur and Zhang are one set up and just broken their opponent's serve in the second set - it is a cracker of a match.

they just won @Zoe7

I know @MDT It was awesome 🎉😁

Former-Member
Not applicable

Yep, I saw some of the match as well.  So they are now Aust Open Doubles Champs, Stosur and Chiang.  I gather they were unseeded coming into the tournament, but beat both the #1 and #2 seeds to become champs.  Well done to them.  And yes, it was a very good match.  @Zoe7 @MDT

I've also been watching some cricket of course. 

Sherry 

Yeah they were unseeded @Former-Member so they have done an amazing job to even get to the final let alone win - pretty impressed with how they played too. It was a great win to see. We have an Australian in the men's doubles too ....Peers, the Mixed doubles AUst team made it through to the final and Alcott is in the final again as well - big weekend for Aussies at the Aus Open Smiley Very Happy

Former-Member
Not applicable

Oh very good @Zoe7.  I knew Peers and his teammate were through.  And I figured Alcott would get through.  Does he play the American fellow he beat a couple of days ago in the round robin part?  He was the second seed, so it would have been expected.  I've watched a couple of Alcotts games this tournament.  He's pretty good isnt he?  So yeah .. great to see some Aussie representation, even if its not in the Mens or Womens singles.  Do you know about the Juniors?  I've not heard anything about them so far.

Sherry 

Haven't heard anything about the juniors either this year or who Alcott plays @Former-Member Might have to do a bit of googling to find out Smiley Tongue

@Former-Member Watching the Renegades - Thunder game. Renegades haven't started well Smiley Sad

@Former-Member Good win by your Swannies today - congrats 🏉

Former-Member
Not applicable

Yes @Zoe7  the Swannies managed to hold on.  I thought it was a particularly gutsy win by your Lions however.  They really came home strong, after being down in the 4th quarter.  Very impressive.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance