Forums

Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Former-Member
Not applicable

Belated Happy Mother's Day.

Being a mother is learning about strengths you never had and fears you never knew existed.

I just wanted to send my love to all the mothers on the forum. I hope it's everything you imagined it would be.

Mother's Day was pretty nice at my house. Still ongoing downstairs, even though I am WAY too tired to join in any more. A lot of love was shared and a lot of different things were eaten 😂.

For some reason, I had to think about my ex, because thinking about my break-up has been a big part of my life since it happened.

She's a mother now. I thought about how she would have recognised her own mother's role in raising her grandson, and I thought about how sweet it was that her new boyfriend probably wished her Happy Mother's Day.

Last year was her first Mother's Day since her son was born. She talked about how he gets upset when she has to leave the house... so I was basically crying for half the day.

It feels absurd to feel any sort of regret or resentment towards someone who cares for and loves her son every day. It's a huge thing to do... and you have to be a beautiful person to do it.

So where do you go from there?

I'm sure this is a common contradiction. Every human being is highly complex. Every human being has strengths and positive attributes... but acknowledging that means putting aside everything you've felt up until that point.

I love her... I know I shouldn't, but I kind of do.

Finally, I have to point out that some people are on this site because they didn't have a very good relationship with their mothers, or their mothers aren't here today.

I just want to let you know that you're heard, you're loved, and you'll be OK.

Thanks ❤.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance