Forums

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Oaktree
Senior Contributor

Hump Day

Hi gang it's Wednesday, anyone around???

Meggle

20 REPLIES 20
Gwynn
Senior Contributor

Re: Hump Day

Hi @Oaktree, how are you travelling?

Hi @Gwynn 

Doing pretty well thanks today. I am still sick with a cold but I feel like it's getting better. 

How are you doing? How's the knitting coming along?

I haven't knitted since I finished my beanie

Meggle

Hi @Shaz51 

How are you tonight?

Meggle

Gwynn
Senior Contributor

Glad to hear your cold is getting better, @Oaktree. I'm going well, thanks, except my primary clinician AND my peer worker from the hospital are both leaving me to pursue other opportunities (!)

At least my project of creating a 'living well in hospital' induction guide for inpatients is well underway. My knitting is going well, thanks for asking, I have a little less than 6 inches to go on my scarf before I can seam it up and wear it!!! My blanket is going slowly, though. How did you find knitting your beanie?

@Gwynn 

Oh no! It's such a feeling of loss when your supports leave. I know as I lost both my psychologist and my case worker at the beginning of the year. I felt like 2/3 of my support at the clinic was no longer there. Not sure I am over it yet.

Exciting news about your scarf. You will be so proud wearing it knowing that you created it yourself. I found the beanie pretty easy to be honest. The hardest part was the 10 rows of rib cos you have to keep counting and can't really do anything else. I be like knit 1 - 2 purl 1 - 2 knit 1 - 2 and so on. I made an appointment this evening for next week to have my hair cut. I am pretty excited. Going for a complete make over. Going from shoulder length hair to a pixie cut.

Meggle

Gwynn
Senior Contributor

Yeah, at the moment I'm in the 'how *dare* they' stage, lol. It takes time.

I'm really looking forward to wearing my scarf that I made EVERYWHERE.... You'd have to ask @Judi9877 but it might be possible to knit the knits and purl the purls when you do the ribbing for the beanie - that way you could possibly not worry about counting and just 'read' your stitches. Best wishes with your haircut appointment - what made you decide to go for pixie? 🙂

Sorry @Gwynn I had no idea you responded last night as you didn't tag me. I just wanted to go short and I have had a pixie cut in the past. I am really tired of brushing out knots as my hair is really fine and tangles easily. 

Meggle

Well it's hump day again, anyone here?

Hi @Gwynn @Shaz51 

Meggle

Hi @Zoe7 are you around hun?

What news of Cat?

Meggle

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance