Forums

Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Peonies
Senior Contributor

Morning Tea: Celebrating World Refugee Day 🗺️ // Fri 18th June, 11 AM- 12PM AEST

“Conflict and persecution have forced more than 80 million people around the world to flee their homes” “We heal together when we all get the care we need” - The UN Refugee Agency 

giphy (1).gifWRD-Posters-A2-EN_General-RGB (1) copy.jpg
In the lead-up to World Refugee Day (20th June), we will be hosting a Morning Tea right here on this thread to celebrate and honor the achievements, strengths, and courage of refugees and asylum seekers in Australia and worldwide.

We would like to invite all forum members to bring along a cuppa 🍵 and join us then!

#SANEForumsstandstogetherwithrefugee

How can I get involved?

•  Click the "Support" button on this post and we will notify you when the morning tea starts! 
  • Come along and join our social chat on Friday 18th June 2021 - 11 AM to 12PM AEST (time updated) 
  • If you see a response that you resonate with, click the “support” button to show you are listening
  • Tag members who you feel might be interested in contributing to the discussion
  • Share resources or stories of your own experiences or that of your loved ones

To keep this space safe and respectful of our community's diverse experiences, we ask that all members refresh their understanding of the community guidelines in advance so that we can make this discussion inclusive and welcoming to all members.

If you have any questions, please feel free to email our Community Managers at team@saneforums.org 

37 REPLIES 37

Re: Morning Tea: Celebrating World Refugee Day 🗺️ // Fri 18th June, 11 AM-11:30AM AEST

Thanks @Peonies !

What an awesome idea!

Re: Morning Tea: Celebrating World Refugee Day 🗺️ // Fri 18th June, 11 AM-11:30AM AEST

Hi everyone,
Our morning tea event is starting soon so I'm tagging those who have supported the intro post to receive a reminder 🎊  

@pipinya @NatureLover @Lilaca @BPDSurvivor @bipolarbunny 

Morning tea.PNGMT.PNG

Hi 
@pipinya @NatureLover @BPDSurvivor @Lilaca @bipolarbunny @Anastasia @Former-Member and others who are following along 🤗

I’m so excited to be hosting our very first 'live' morning tea to celebrate World Refugee Day ( Sunday 20th June) and Refugee Week ( 20th June to 26th June) with you all 👋 

I hope through our chat today, we all will understand more about refugees and asylum seekers, and come together to celebrate the different ways in which each and every one of us enriches and contributes to our communities and culture.

Firstly, I would like to invite all to share a cuppa 🍵 or snack 🍡 and let us know what brought you to today’s event/what you are looking forward to the most  🎉 

Sharing my Masala Chai (my favorite tea drink atm) and Vietnamese steamed rice cake for today's event. 

Masala-Chai-9998-2.jpegSteamedRiceCake.jpeg

I haven't got anything so multicultural to share, just toasted cheese and tomato sandwiches and hot lemon-and-sugar drinks...

That's alright @NatureLover Smiley Happy Toasted cheese and tomato sandwiches sounds yummie to me!  Smiley Very Happy 

Are the Vietnamese steamed rice cakes sweet? As a foodie, I'm interested in trying multicultural foods 🙂

The theme of this year’s World Refugee Day and Refugee Week revolves around Unity and Togetherness to create a stronger and safer world for all. 

How do you think each of us can play a part (on the forums and in our offline world) to achieve this together  🤝

For me: 

As a supporter and someone from a migrant background myself, I think it's important that we amplify and listen to each other voices and experiences. Therefore, I would like to share these stories, which has been written by refugee and asylum seekers in Australia.  For me, these stories were really inspiring as they highlight the strengths, resources, and resilience people have and the fantastic contributions people can and do make to societies despite the tremendous challenges they face.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance