Forums

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Somethingā€™s not right

Serenity1
Senior Contributor

Frustration šŸ˜­

Today I had two hours when my daughter went to a school friends house for a play- 

this is LITERALLY the first time we have spent apart since school holidays broke out last year as she has been with me 100% sleeping in my bed at night & with me all day everyday- I am completely frazzled- as anyone w small kids would understand- I took the opportunity to call a mental health nurse support service- that has my case & background on file- I have set this up as I am going through a REALLY difficult time& have no support- this was an opportunity for me to speak freely w/out being interrupted by my daughter- the lady did not want to hear what I had to say she just wanted me to do mindfulness techniques & said before I call again I have to do the techniques & I should not call unless absolutely necessary as I am becoming dependant on them - I am so confused because every other time I have called they say "CALL ANYTIME I NEED" - they even tell me to call back if j need too-- what the hell - now I feel like j have been using the service wrong- because of what this lady said today- I'm so confused. Now I feel as if I can't call them when I need to- I REALLY needed someone to bounce my thoughts of & work through serious issues that are completely overwhemling me & this lady just wanted me to listen to & identify five sounds in the room& drink a glass of water really really slowly. Etc...Wth.. Now on top of everything that was stressing me out I am frustrated as hell & wasted my only break until school starts šŸ˜­

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Frustration šŸ˜­

Hey @Serenity1 it can be pretty confusing it sounds like you are after a bit more info/context? Am I right that this is the first time this particular service has said this to you? If you're up for it definitely no harm in getting in touch and asking for some insight and clarification, if it's easier perhaps even by email?

How are you feeling now with all of this? The community is here to listen Heart

Re: Frustration šŸ˜­

@nashy hi! Thanks for your reply- so sorry it took so long to answer- school holidays has been hectic- have no time to even think straight-- yes it was the first time they ever said that- that is why I was really confused- all the other lovely nurses said call ANYTIME I need them- this one nurse in particular was saying the complete opposite & she was a lot harsher & kept cutting me off- more interested in telling me what to do, than listening-
I spoke to the nurse that is my case worker today-as he us back from two weeks holiday & told him what happened he appologised & said I was in a crisis so I did the right thing- but I am still unsure as to how the service works exactly & am reluctant to call up so I think I will clarify with him next time we speak & get him to tell me exactly how the service works-
Thankyou so much for taking the time to reply to me- I really appreciate it šŸ’–šŸ˜Š
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance