Forums

Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Powderfinger
Senior Contributor

Nightmares, Christmas and Sh....t cyclones

Been.having nightmares for two nights in a row now, but it is not just one or two. They run can mcurrently. Just keep going on and on. It involves many people from my past. They are not unusual.for me to have. I've had enough. It's just too much. 

Now it's Christmas and every year since 2013, I lost my my Christmas spirit. Just have no interest. I put up a tree on the 1st. Not fair to my partner if I didn't. Depression started to hit on the 2nd. Now, I'm just losing interest. It's just another day and no big deal anymore. I feel very little joy. 

This year, is the first year I am having to deal with absolutely no contact with any family as I cut all contact last year on December 1st. I decided to not buy my niece a Christmas present and send it. Don't see much point in it anymore. She will get so much anyway and thanks to my sister, I've really been pushed out of her life. Not my decision. If she ever wakes up to herself and chooses to take responsibility, it is only then that she will see she created the mess for herself. I'm.never ever going to clean up.anybodys mess again. 

I'm heavily depressed. There's other stuff going on too on top.of this. There are many days that come where I don't want to fulfil my responsibilities I have that involve anyone else. I just want to do me. 

The sh....t cyclones is what I call it, it's not a storm, it's a cyclone. 

For anyone considering recommending or asking that I speak to a psychologist, don't. That's my boundary. 

I'd like to sort this out how this suits me. Coming here and talking suits me, thanks. 

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Nightmares, Christmas and Sh....t cyclones

Christmas can suck, @Powderfinger. I hear you on that. What are you doing to focus on your self-care during this difficult time of year? I find I have to be really disciplined about looking after myself when the sh*t hits the fan.

Re: Nightmares, Christmas and Sh....t cyclones

@Gwynn 

I haven't been doing any self care. I have had such a busy week but things are slowing down now for the rest of the year. Today for self care I'm going to work on the 40's vintage chairs I am refurbishing and reupholstering for a lady. Hopefully it distracts me and keeps my mind in a less darker place. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance