Forums

Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Things make us feel uncomfortable including triggers

@Stacy1 wrote:

I didn't know until recently what my triggers were and listening to the radio or watching TV really triggered my psychosis too. 

@Stacy1 I hear you and thank you for sharing!

Its great that you can talk about it- its very brave of you. I am only starting to feel comfortable talking about my feelings more recently and to understand more about what make me feeling comfortable. And this probably stems back to my triggers and past experiences too. 

@oceangirl  Hey oceangirl xx I think I am still a work in progress as I get triggered all the time with people in particular.  So true what you say "we feel not so good about ourselves and worried about what others might think etc". Dear god why do I care??

Well relationship involves other people, so it does make sense that we are concerned about others perceptions.  It can make a difference how we present, even though we also want to be accepted purely for our own being.  It is a matter of balance and seems hard work to find a level we can be true to ourselves and considerate of others.  If we totally discard any responsibility to the outside world, it will usually bite us on the bum.

Seems finding our own tribe is more of any answer than being socially acceptable ... cos thats an ever shifting reality.

@greenpea @oceangirl 

Our friendship has evolved slowly and helps give me faith through an especially dark period, where my social circumstances could not support any conversation about what I was really going through with my son. 

@Former-Member I have felt strong feelings of pain and a sense of missing out, when out and about and seeing others happy in family or friendship groups.  As I have gotten older, I  do not get triggered into my hurt and pain by other's happiness, and can actually hook into it as a positive in the world.  However it has taken 20 years for that to happen very gradually.  I had to find ways of feeding and healing myself, which I have done through music and research into all things history,  philosophy and psychology, and neuro science.  My healing had to be genuine and deep, but is no way an absolute, as I had a recent breakdown in Oct-Nov, but have bounced back given decent support from services.  Yes what they do can make a difference.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance