Forums

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: why can't I cope longer?

Hello dear @Former-Member ... you've been fairly quiet the past couple of days ... so I'm here to check on you and let you know you're being thought of, and missed.

Sending lots of good wishes and a load of love and hugs your way beautiful EOR. 

Hi also @Adge @Clawde ... hope you are both well.

Emelia 💞🤗

Image result for I care about you

Image result for hugs from dog

Love it ❤️@Emelia8 @Emelia8 @Former-Member @outlander @Adge @Zoe@myby

guys just check ou the beautiful pictures our Em has sent Faust wonderful love sorry if I miss your tag name ❤️

@Clawde 

Thank you @Clawde ... you know how to brighten my day. I hope you are having a good day. 🌷

I note a couple of your tags didnt work .. here you go ... @Zoe7 @Anastasia ... see msg from the ever delightful @Clawde above.

Em 💞

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi guys, i'm ok ta, just pensive. Have to come back tomorrow, phone on 1%
Former-Member
Not applicable

@ Zoe7 How are you? How's the ankle & tooth? How did you hurt that ankle (missed that). I was just rereading your reply post here about my sister. Thank you for defending me. It's very hurtful. My sister has her reqsons for treating me like waste, be it real or not. She's grown and 'air' of arrogance since marrying he medico hubby & living in flash homes and I guess I'm just 'not good enough' My contribution to this is, I think, primarily the MI withdrawal and living far away. I wasn't there for her hysterectomy etc (but she does have a hubby, 2sons with wives, x5 married stepdaughters and her church community glad to befriend 'a doctor' ... Honestly don't see where I fit into all that, and she's not inviting... especially when she takes from me the little I have... She mocks to others,  even in front of me, and thinks it funny, since pulling away from that - now she just  stonewalls me. Its a no win. With dad's estate, I'm hoping it's more about "control" than revenge.
Oh, GG girl wants to go out
Back later

I have been struggling @Former-Member Smiley Sad My ankle is feeling slightly better - still can't walk well on it but better than I have been able to. My gums are still swollen and uncomfortable but the pain has gone so that is a positive. Eating is not easy still but getting there.

Your sister does not deserve you Hon and I am so very sad for you that she has (and still does) treat you with such disdain. Some people need to put others down to make themselves feel better - it is not right nor fair but you are the bigger person here ...that does not make it right or better but don't let her take away your own self-worth with her actions - she is not worth you taking on board her need for control - live your own life and do what you need to get through all this. Hugs nd hugs and hugs sweetheart Heart

Former-Member
Not applicable

Thanks Zoe7 💙 you're a gem. Sorry you're struggling, IN THE WARS I say. It's exhausting when the body plays up, affecting the mind.  What choice to we have but to just Keeps swimming. Have you had time off work through this, or had to slog it out? How's kitty?

Former-Member
Not applicable

@@Zoe7  @Adge  @Emelia8  - thank  you all for defending me re family. It's been very hurtful, soul destroying actually ( but guess I'm easily hurt.). My sister has her reasons for treating me like waste, be it real  or not. I think maybe unfulfilled expectations, who knows. She's grown an  'air' of superioriority  /  arrogance since marrying he medico hubby & living in flash homes, and I guess I'm just 'not good enough" since (especially the MI my two big  breakdowns & bro3,4  drug abuse & paranoid Sz psychosis, hospitalisations there), all too embarrassing with this high profile hubby I guess.  My contribution to her stand I  think is primarily MI  (major depression), and withdrawing all the time, and living interstate and not 'being there for her' - how did she put it?... oh yes... "I'M DONE CHASING YOU"  she said a couple a years after my girl died. She seems to lack empathy, and compassion and tollerence with most people... she's damaged too.  When in the early throws of grief my son explained it away as "people get tired mum!". So yeah, I wasn't there for my sister's histerectomy etc (barely holding my own),  but I'm thinking she does have support, a hubby, 2sons with wives, x5 married stepdaughters and her church community (glad to befriend 'a doctor' :face_with_rolling_eyes:), honestly don't know where I fit into all that like I am, especially when she takes from me the little I have (mocks me)... After my first breakdown (9wk, hospitalisation, back in my 20s) she couldn't handle it I don't think. The whole family had me up on this damn pedistal. Eventually she just started mocking me, especially my mood, and in company too, even in front of me, and she thinks its funny, or just matter-of-fact, I eventually pulled away more and more. So, now she just stonewalls me instead, total boycott, ouch😢 So be it. But as hurtful as this is i'd rather be stonewalled than keep feeding her my heart to be walked on and gossiped about... (which she calls delusion go figure). When I realised this was all I was good for to her (and being a sounding board to her bitching about mum) I stopped calling her as much. My 5yr family court battles  drained everyone I guess, the powerlessness of it all.  It was stupid of me to confide in my baby sister. Thats when she started getting sick of me, flipping me off to hubby etc not knowing how to handle it. I donno, go nuts trying to figure it out. CONFLICT DESTROYS PEOPLE.

But this ESTATE thing, and having a say ... I'm not sure there's much to say, to ask, accept for  equal division (which I believe is the intent) & to not be left out. I think the sibs problem with me being dad's carer back then was THEIR anxiety (fear paranoia neuroticism delusion...) that I would use caring for dad to somehow influence powers to favour me with any inheritance to come or something, God knows when that would be :face_with_rolling_eyes: WT#! Bro 2 even abused me a couple of times back then, twice in front of people "why are you here? You're here to steel the estate aren't you?!" He declared, I was stumped for words as this was the furtherest thing from my mind for goodness sakes. I was so busy looking after my parents, the house, appointments, visitors, sabotaging siblings,. pets.. Sheesh! Nobody was properly looking after mum and dad there, mum was so skinny, and so sick, how could I not come! 😢 that's all I could see. 

Oh well, now I'm  sure dads death and my moving back to Qld and not challenging sis will put the money hungry evildoers minds at ease. So sad all this. Wonder how they'll heel about me when they HAVE their money safe in hand? I hope they realise then. 

I am comforted that the solicitor has started communicating with me by email. I did ask. Yesterday he cc'd all six of us in comms. So I'm content / relieved that I'm no longer 'left out' 🙏 Had to have a quiet chuckle though as he pointed out how Bro 2, 3, & 4 messed up the completion of their consent forms for sis to take over (I didn't know if they'd all agree btw). Apparently they each didn't have it 'witnessed' correctly and have to do it again, :face_with_rolling_eyes:yep. And, my sis's affidavit to be sited before signing it, that was attached, solicitor drew up a new one with her Thursday and I have it now and pleased it didn't 'bag' everyone but rather was more about her obligation / commitment to integrity in executing the role (hehe YES!). I'm sitting back more relaxed that things seem on track. So good to be informed. I'm just so relieved someone is talking sense to me, that I'm in the loop - my sister would hate that so much you know, it's been her most hurtful weapon on me.

So I'm thanking God & Mr  Solicitor. I think it's all so soon, but at the end of the day, Someone has to be family rep and it seems the majority are happy for baby sis to do it ? Better her than the brothers I guess. Probably just be  shoooting  Myself in the foot if I challenge it, and I don't need the bullying my rights trigger there. When I pray all I hear is (let go, trust me).  I will wait for the others to agree first before I sign off, so i know where they all stand finally. In case I'm no longer included once they have what they want from me :face_with_rolling_eyes: Life is so difficult.

On a different note,

Yesterday I had my first 'good' morning in a very long time. Might be related to a sense of relief re above, but I think it more physical, I felt 'well' which I haven't for soooo long. Today not so much, but ok. Maybe iron supplements are helping. 

Thanks for being here for me , means a lot. Sorry I'm not on your threads more. Tired. Appreciate Yas popping over here though, more than you know. Thank you 💙🙏

So much hurt and pain for you to contend with @Former-Member and a very distinct lack of patience and empathy shown by your sister. Grief has no time limits on it and for her to get 'tired' of having to deal with all you went through is horrible. We expect and deserve at least our family to support us but when that does not happen it is soul destroying. It shows selfishness and her true character that she could not/would not recognise how much you needed that support - I know not everyone has that ability to be there - especially through the darker times - but none of that is down to you. I wish you had that family support Hon but be proud of all that you have achieved despite the absence of such. I see you as both courageous and strong - and very much the only one that has stepped up to do whatever you could to support others in your family ...especially your parents. Your sister does not hold a candle to your care - but that is her cross to bear. Like you said - she has a whole family around her but yet cannot give you the time you deserve - so whilst it is hurtful not having her in your life, it is probably better than the constant put downs and damage she inflicts with her nastiness ...we can only put up with so much and you certainly do not deserve all that she has inflicted upon you. Hugs and hugs and hugs sweetheart Heart

👍 for your good morning yesterday Heart

Former-Member
Not applicable

Finally picked up my mail which had the forms to sign for estate administration. It's sitting there on the table, express post envelope... I just can't bring myself to open it yet. Don't know how I feel about it, it's weird. I'm just numb. This 'sister' who doesn't want me around...😢 
Had a spend today, a couple of Gumtree items, comfe cute little cast iron outdoor rocking chair with cushion. And classical guitar in hard ca  🤗  Can't wait to clean it up and replace the strings and play again 🎼. My son has my expensive rhythm guitar. I prefer nylon picking. This one is a 3/4 classical guitar which will be less of a stretch for my fingers. Love that it's in a hard case. So, that's my spend for the month. Nice to meet and exchange pleasantries with others (retailers).  It's the only company I get most weeks, to go shopping, they're usually happy with me, to get a sale I guess. But we smile and talk about the weather... Wonder if it shows how pathetically lonely I am? Probably, who cares.
Watched the Mylat story on tv tonight, featured a lot of old stamping ground in my youth, Brang back a lot of memories - was all over the news when I was young. My bloods ran cold when they related how one of the victims asked around the pub for a lift home the night she went missing. It took me back to a time when I've done the same thing... I went to a concert at the local rsl club one night, by myself as just broke up with boyfriend. I was 17. Rang taxi to go home but they were booked out 2hrs so, yep, you guessed it, I went asking around for a lift home. Total strangers. One guy popped up and said "yeah sure" His mate said to him "come on, she's just a kid"  There was my clue of intent right there, i missed it.  We got into his very flash car... not allowed to say what came next but I had the longest shower that night 😞

I couldn't tell my parents, things were strained there, mum was so cruel and dad (the Korean war vet with a gun in the manhole) he'd go, balistictic... end up in prison. Besides, I felt ashamed - and that it was my own stupid b#### fault.... Took me years to realise it wasn't. I've never told anyone the detail before. Funny that, how it never leaves you, I never got counselling... Just got up 5am the next day for work  as if nothing happened.  suicide attempt was two years later.   I never go out alone to pubs or clubs anymore :face_with_rolling_eyes: and certainly don't ask strangers for a lift home. Just remembering re tv tonight. So many life triggers these days.. I'm not distressed or anything, just sad, very sad  😢 teary. Acceptance I guess. Glad they got Malat

But it's 4am and I can't sleep so yeah, it's got to me. . 

Gotta take Georgia dog off to groomers in the morning so should downscreen,  try sleep 😴.  

Sorry this is longer than planned, but glad I got my that out 😨😞

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance