Forums

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

Anne25
New Contributor

Overwhelmed

Hi guys I keep getting this feeling maybe only once a  week usually later in the day or night where I feel a little overwhelmed, little things frustrate me. I don't really want to talk to people or have them around home. Something sort of comes over me and I can't seem to shake it off 

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Overwhelmed

Hi @Anne25 

Welcome to the Sane Forums.

It certainly sounds like you are overwhelmed at times and that is ok. We can all get like that at times.

Can I suggest in those times to try and do some self care or mindfulness. Things like:

taking a pet for a walk

using your 5 senses to ground you

have a bath/shower

doing something nice for yourself

it doesn't have to be anything big, can be something just small, but something that can help you settle down.

If you google self care or mindfulness it will bring up lots more that you can try.

Again welcome and I hope you find the support you are looking for.

Re: Overwhelmed

Hi @Anne25, For me, I sometimes have feelings like that when I've had almost an overdose of people and I need time on my own to balance things out a little and recharge. It's like my body's warning sign that I've had too much going on and I need quiet and time out.  

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance