Forums

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

Re: Trying makes it worse

Hi @wellwellwellnez thank you so much 

Ur response was very moving...I like how u can share honestly and my own insecurity I kept waiting or beingbscarsd that my responses here will be judged but Ur post was so accepting! 

I relate very much to not relying on any one service 

I find it cult these days if any service demands I be almost loyal and only use them. I like that my psych appreciates the stuff I do on my own and even the other practitioners I seek out for other things he's not specifically experienced in

He's a bit too humble though and sometimes the over referring me to others does feel like a slap in the face, like being palmed off.

I wander about the limits of clinical support but am getting to a point of admitting that I need it, specifically for me a psychiatrist as well as other supports. Thanks again for Ur reply , it connected to me a lot.

Hi @maddison 

The chatting does help me, and I love Ur interpretation of my user name! 

Ancient and everlasting are two nice and strengthening images, also something that doesn't break, which makes me feel more like a survivor and less like a broken mess.

I really liked "Somebody, Somewhere", it was so calming and the people in it were all trying their best which I related to...

The show was Russian Doll on Netflix,  I'm rewatching , I watch it every so often really....it gets me every time. I find hope in it even though it has themes of suicide.

My Dr is working to get me in, but I think I could definitely express more how urgent it feels for me. Fill in the gaps I guess of what he may miss, the flat points I endure between our sessions. Thanks for that amazing suggestion, I appreciate it.

I so relate to you on meditation! I have started yoga recently which I also thought was not for me. I do it on zoom which is easy. 

🌼 🌸 🌻 🌹 

Hi @NatureLover @maddison @wellwellwellnezhow are you...so I've been pretty low, had I think delayed onset trauma and been irritable, lik with the system, changes of appointments, miscommunication....

I go between trying so hard and just letting go and not caring about recovery 

How is everyone doing and how are u feeling

X EternalFlower

Hi @EternalFlower 

@EternalFlower wrote:

I go between trying so hard and just letting go and not caring about recovery 

I think this is normal... At least, I give myself "days off" now and then where I just rest and don't try to achieve anything. I don't think we can operate full steam ahead all the time, at least, I can't. 

I'm sorry you've been low, it sucks, doesn't it. 

I'm doing OK mostly at the moment, thanks...

So agreeing with you @NatureLover . Taking a break from recovery is an essential part of recovery. It has to be. Can't march on an empty stomach.

Thanks @NatureLover @wellwellwellnez 

glad u are doing OK arm @NatureLover 

The break kind of helped me, I had a rough in bed day yesterday but I realised it's a privilege to be able to do so and that it's ok

I, ok with feeling sad.

I'm not so ok with feeling anxious or scared, which I try and shake off and play as if it's not happening

I've been in hospital judt arrived and finding it helpful 

I'm in hospital currently and it has been a lot

I find the people pretty chill ans the nurses not the best, not so easy to talk to at times

I was given leave and two other residents asked me to join them for a walk and I said no, but then I ended up at the same Cafe they went to and they offered me to join.

I am getting to know other residents and finding sometimes it is too much but sometimes it's really nice 

Hi @EternalFlower 

@EternalFlower wrote:

I had a rough in bed day yesterday but I realised it's a privilege to be able to do so and that it's ok

This was helpful to me, thank you. 

I hope your time in hospital is helpful...

Hi @EternalFlower ,

I'm glad for you that you made it to hospital. How are things going on there?

Hi @NatureLover 

So glad it resonated hope u are doing OK...

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance