Forums

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

PeppyPatti
Senior Contributor

dating dillema

Hi everyone,

@Shaz51 

@PinkFlamingo 

@Tilz @Adge @Faith_Hope_Love @Jynx @tyme @PizzaMondo @Glisten @TAB @Bill16 @Apple3 @Jacques @greenpea @StuF 

@Birdofparadise8        @Oaktree   @Spirit_Healer   @creative_writer  

Apologies if I missed your name .......

I'm wondering if I can get some advice for my support to my ex husband and also - whether I should speak to someone about some actions which has happened in the past couple of weeks.

I have been divorced from my husband, Mr Buddha for 2-3 years now. He has diagnosis of chronic paranoid schizophrenia. My partner, his best friend, and I - his other best friend choose to support him.

Last night, he came to pick us up from the airport from a week away. When we got home, he stayed for dinner where with much emotion he showed us he's blown $2800.00 on giving money to young ladies when he joined a dating site. He sold a guitar and borrowed from his 87 years old Dad. He was very upset he said I fell down a hole and I can't get out.

He described he just was trying to be nice.

I was saying. It's okay, we all make mistakes please promise that you won't do it again.

He was very scared his doctors would find out and he'lle be put in hospital.

My partner flipped out. He was then upset he wasn't listening to him and they ended up arguing.

I think they have both worked out. I told my partner that his feelings are valid that we are both probably still a bit burnt out from past care to my ex husband and he had to send a very honest text to him.

So he did that. The end result is that they will both make up an honest dating profile, they will both choose some near to same age ladies and ask to get to know them.

Yes, we need a few days break and this is been texted to him too.

I said to my partner that we both needed to care about ourselves first.

May I have feedback ? Does anyone think I need to speak to his doctors ? ( I promised I wouldn't )

Should I tell his NDIS co ordinator ( I dislike her but she's doing a good job in getting support )

Is there anything else I can do ?

Thankyou in advance

macro-photography-droplets-luci-rodriguez-06.jpg

28 REPLIES 28

Re: dating dillema

Hi @PeppyPatti  thank you for sharing. I think you better tell his NDIS. Because you have the idea that she will do best for this. Isn't it?

@PeppyPatti  you have my sympathy it’s awful seeing someone we care about  struggle.

I hope the situation improves.

G

TAB
Senior Contributor

prob better off out of whole picture tbh @PeppyPatti  forget both of them, let them worry about each others mess ups ...  go and live interstate or something ..

@Tilz 

Thank you ....

My judgement not that good  

iv convinced him to tell his support worker. Hopefully the support worker will tell his support coordinator ? I'll think about telling support NDIS coordinator ....

@TAB  I knew your advice would be the best. Thanks. 

@Glisten  your comment is very appreciated. Thank you 

oh, ha @PeppyPatti  but you do deserve better than having to deal with others problems.................... 

Aww @TAB 

Thankyou. 

What have I done with my life? Zilch. 

My decision to have a fulfilling life is slight touches of kindness. If my ex husband needs support I'll give it. Unfortunately he's quite damaged from past years old treatment from the State Governments mental health hospitals but we are good friends. 

I'm just measuring my burn out today. 

After seeing my poor brother ..... 

I need to walk away from a relationship which isn't there anymore......

well thats a box ticked re brother @PeppyPatti 

Yep. Do you have brother's , sisters @TAB ? 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance