Forums

Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Any diagnosed germophobes or hoarders on this forum?

Thank you @NatureLover 🙏💞

So much happening, so many decisions ... feeling bombarded 😔

How are you going? Do you see your psych next week?

Hi @Former-Member @Former-Member @Anastasia 🌹

Emelia 🌻🌷

Hi @Emelia8 , thanks for your reply! I wanted to say that although I really like people visiting my thread, there's no pressure to visit and write. It sounds like you've got a lot of stress at the moment, on top of your physical pains and MI struggles... I hope you can see your way through all the decisions you need to make, to clear solutions. 

I had a bad day of depression out of the blue on Thursday and couldn't go to my volunteer job, couldn't even get out of bed. The last 2 mornings have been better each morning, thanks. Yes, my psychologist appointment is next Friday. It's my last appointment for 2 months, as I only have the 10 subsidised appointments per year, so I will need to plan what to say and prioritise carefully. I usually type out a list /information for my psychologist to read, and order it in order of urgency. Number one next Friday will be asking her what she thinks of me staying on the forums in the very limited way I'm doing now. I am finding it to be OK and manageable, but I will see what she says. I'm getting a bit better at staying on this thread, although I recognise that that's only because kind people visit me here. Heart

I am hoping for clear thinking for you for your decisions, an easing of your pains, and emotional strength to help you feel not so overwhelmed. Sending 💙

Thanks @NatureLover Yes, I think I get a buzz out of friendly exchanges with retail staff and Gumtree meetups. Apart from x1 friend once a week, Its my only human face to face contact. Kinda brings out my best side. Especially that these ppl don't know my pain (history). I was a people person, warm and friendly, loved nursing, maybe that part of me is still alive. Need to find craft group or so. .

@NatureLover  Just catching up with a few days.

Sorry you hit a low on Thursday. I’m sorry you missed your volunteer work. It’s really hard trying to push through. I hope you are feeling a bit better today.

I’m in Launceston. It’s grey outside, and unusually cool for this time of year, even for  Taswegans. 

I’m doing what I can, when I can with CG duties. I’m learning to pace myself, and what I can take on ‘ sometimes ‘. My counsellor and I discuss it, so I have some good support.

Take care of yourself. You are precious to many of us here. 💕💕💕💕💕

@Former-Member wrote:
I was a people person, warm and friendly, loved nursing, maybe that part of me is still alive.

That's sad, that you wrote "was"...it sounds to me like that part of you is still alive, anyway. I hope you can find a group /groups to belong to...

@Former-Member 

Hi @Maggie , thanks for visiting Heart I thought you had been away, so am glad to see you. 🙂

I hope the "catching up" is not stressful for you, as it was for me. I'm glad you have the support of your counsellor re CG duties. It's hard learning to pace yourself, and I guess I spectacularly failed...I did make adjustments as I went along, but they weren't enough. It sounds like you're finding what works. 🙂

Yes, am feeling better mentally thanks, since Thursday. 

The north of Tasmania seems to differ in temp to the south. I guess being near the sea would help to lower temps...I'm not near the sea myself, but in an area with lots of bush and tall trees, which helps. I love trees, so am very fortunate. I think I would shrivel up and fade away to nothing if I was in a concrete jungle. 

I hope you are coping OK with all the many things you have to cope with. Sending much 💙

@Eve7  I'm really sorry to hear about your broken wrist! Thanks for tagging me...and you said your back was painful too... 😞 You must be feeling like you've had enough of this year! Sending 💛 and good thoughts and wishes...

@NatureLover  I think you might be being a bit hard on yourself. I don’t think you failed, spectacularly or mildly. You do a fantastic job with CG duties, emphasis on the ‘ DO’. I came to the realisation that if I just do a few, instead of trying to keep up. I drop our often, because I’m not copying. We are all here with our own issues. You are doing great here on your thread, as long as it’s not too stressful.

I love trees also, 🌲🌿, not keen on the concrete jungles either.

I’m glad you are feeling better.

Thanks for being interested in how I am doing. I really appreciate it.

Take care. Sending lots of ❣️❣️❣️❣️And some more. 💕💕💕💕

@NatureLover 

👋💓   🌴🌲🌱🍁🌿🌾🍃

Emelia 🌷 👀👂😊💞

Thanks @Maggie  for your kind words...I don't feel what I'm doing at the moment is CG duties at all, just chatting with friends, so I don't find it stressful...I'm enjoying it. 🙂

@Maggie wrote:

I came to the realisation that if I just do a few, instead of trying to keep up. I drop our often, because I’m not copying.

Am slow this morning, so not quite sure what you mean... Do you mean that you don't cope with how behind you get?

@Maggie wrote:

Thanks for being interested in how I am doing. I really appreciate it.

Of course...I care a lot. 

Do you have trees in your garden /around you?

@Maggie wrote:

Take care. Sending lots of ❣️❣️❣️❣️And some more. 💕💕💕💕

Thanks heaps...same back to you. 🙂 💜

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance