Forums

Re: Support for L-B

🙂

Heya @L-B ,

What's happening on your end? Any specific plans to help you manage this week?

Hey @tyme , been a little isolated and worried about the working week. Unfortunately, I had a few more nightmares about work.

Strategies: spoke to work about extra support where practical which they'll try. If that doesn't work they've agreed to allow me to reduce my work hours temporarily. 

Hey @L-B ,

Good on you for advocating for yourself. I'm glad they were open to supporting you.

I'm thinking of you and will continue to cheer you on 🙂

Thankyou. It was getting support that prompted me to speak up. Credit to them too. Even though they don't understand mental illness that well. 

Sounds like you are in a good place @L-B 

We are here for you.

Strength in numbers!

Yes. Or even... just to know you are not battling this alone, and it's something many of us have faced before.

In the past, I had a terrible MH dip, and my workplace wasn't supportive at all. It was about 6 years ago. I was pretty much told not to talk about it because the work still needed to be done. I left the manager's office and I was devastated....

I think there is more of an understanding of MH now, especially since COVID. Of course, this workplace I'm talking about wasn't SANE. 

SANE is amazing. @L-B 

I'm so glad you have a somewhat supportive workplace. 

@tyme I'm sorry you had to experience that devastation. Very sad. Your story has a silver lining at Sane which is heartening. And brings comfort re: my supportive supervisor. I'll just need to put aside any unnecessary shame and take time off if needed. And I take strength from these chats in not being alone. You're a good person!

@L-B 

I am here supporting you too. I just don’t pipe up much. I have taken a special interest in this thread since it began. I am glad that your supervisor is being supportive.