Forums

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Good Morning!

Damn, that Jo Elbourne !  I'm a follower too 😎 

I had a class at Psychotherapy and I told the teacher of a dream I had the night before and he interpreted it. Then I had an interview and.... that interview I had got me  accepted. 

It was a long time ago ..  ...I got an earring on my eyebrow but my oldest brother called me from California he was studying there and he was teasing me that it was gonna get me Twitching and I woke up pulling the earrings out of my eyebrow and all this pus and blood came spouting out ..   .....

Some earrings my ex husband just made me. Aren't they beautiful ? 

IMG-20240814-WA0000.jpg

@PeppyPatti a friend of mine is a jewellery designer Weird Wired Jewellery on Instagram.

Morning everyone the Besties @Oaktree @ENKELI @SmilingGecko @Shaz51  @Historylover @Loner57  @MDT @Adge the Cool 😎 friends @Meowmy @TAB @StuF @Bill16 @greenpea 
I’m carrying injuries. Right elbow and hand tapped up. Fingers on hands swollen like sausages. One finger typing.

Yesterday these were given to me by the Shed manager. Two sets.

IMG_3571.jpeg

IMG_3572.jpeg

Today a wood turning lathe is coming into the ShedI don’t know what decade it’s from but Melvin, my wood turning Sensei will probably know how to use it.

It’s 8:30am on the Play School WA clock.

Got to shove a fist full of Magnesium down my throat. Make myself presentable. Looks at crumpled clothes on floor. 👀
Onwards 👉🏼 G

Good morning Glisten, just after 11.30am on the east side of NSW. So sorry to hear that you're injured. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

I've been woodturning for just over two years now. Got started when a work friend gifted me an old (1991 model) Aussie made lathe. It's pretty basic, 4 belt drive so only 4 speeds which is a pain to change lol and it's made of sheet metal so not very rigid but it was good enough for me to find out if I'd enjoy turning. Needless to say I fell in love witg the craft. So last November I finally invested in a cast iron Hare and Forbes lathe, it's wonderful. Here's somr of my pieces, all Campher Laurel.

1000003000.jpg

1000003012.jpg

@Glisten 

You deserve those cool gifts hey 👋 🎁 

I'll check out the jewellery. Very interested. My ex husband goes to the Fremantle Arts centre every Wednesday morning which had completely changed his life. He sells his jewellery at a shop on Fremantle. I'm so so proud of him. 

I am running out of hemp oil tablets. Do you see a big change in your wellbeing with magnesium ? 

Just love reading your messages...

Okay. I'm stuck on the couch. Glued on. Please no giggling @greenpea @Meowmy @Loner57 @Glisten @TAB @Loner57 @Oaktree 

I'm going to...  Wait for it ..yes .. sew another dog. 

@Glisten hey G, hope your injuries will get better soon. Very interesting tools you have. Enjoy

@Loner57 hey Loner, the wood products look really good. Enjoy wood turning.

@PeppyPatti very nice ear rings. Enjoy

Fff....

You made those beautiful wooden objects ?? 

@Loner57 

In my past, when I had more energy, I used to do um volunteer work somewhere ..    and I learned that even getting up and having coffee can be done creatively for someone especially suffering times of mental health. I remember years of just getting up out of bed and remembering that got me through years of only able to spend a day on the couch. 

Your artwork shines. 

Thanks for showing.

In the past I used to do like @Glisten  does but today I just sew dogs. Oh yes, me and my sewing dogs. 

IMG20240712113955.jpg

 so last week, I blew the budget and bought an expensive sewing machine I'm almost too scared to use. But had a free lesson yesterday so I'll start today. 

I sew quilts. I wish I had the brains to be academic but you know,.... I just like sewing quilts. 

Fortunate that my partners mum is also an avid quilter so I don't need to train my partner into loving them as it's etched in him to already love them .

Thanks @Meowmy 

Yeah I'm paying heaps for them but it's to a very good cause. 

I'm having my morning coffee. I'm learning not to be so stressed out immediately. 

I'm going for a walk in Kings Park that's a park nearby me. 

How are you ? ❤️ How is today looking ?

Hello @PeppyPatti just did some yoga this morning and am about to go for a walk after lunch. Those earrings look lovely. I've known people through New Incentive Enterprise Schemes making clothing and jewellery in incubative spaces that enable them to get a business model going. Don't know if the Victorian Government offers these kick start programs anymore. It was a way for people to showcase their talent and develop presence via an allready recognised hub with a potentially interested customer base. It was a good idea for starting micro business models. I hope you enjoy your earrings - it reminds me of the boho store Ishka with their Tibetan jewellery!

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance