Forums

Re: Share a cuppa?

Of course, happy to share @Shaz51 - when I think about my mental health.. just last year I learned I have ADHD, and looking at the neurodivergent umbrella, there are definitely a few other little tid-bits that accompany my ADHD. I've been in a grieving-mode about many aspects of my life and in turn it's had an impact on my body too. I've always lived with gut and skin issues and they are so deeply connected with my brain, so while I want my brain and body to be friends, they also love to prank each other and don't want to work as a team :P.. so this brings on a lot of chronic pain, migraines.. asthma when I am stressed too! I am trying to learn more about how my gut and brain works and doing my best to listen to my bodily cues to know what is going on before it gets to panic-mode. But what am I finding is these are all also closely related and interconnected with late diagnosed ADHD in women, autism and also C-PTSD.

Sounds like, in a way, you also have to be mindful of what you put into your body. Was the dietician able to work with you to create a food plan or just suggestions for the time being?

Oh yes, that sounds important! Put it onto your list! Do you struggle to maintain or do exercise? I know one of my parents suffers from arthritis and finds they do best when they are in water, just walking back and forth in the shallow end.. otherwise, they struggle to move so fluidly as their body restricts them.

hugs @PizzaMondo 

My 3 stepsons have all been diagnosed with ADHD 

My husband has had many diagnosis ADHD, bipolar2 , Depression and anxiety , OCD ect and now they think he has high functioning  ASD which I can totally see that he has and now I am sure S2 has it too 

I haven't been back to the  dietician yet @Shaz51 ... she's very expensive but I'll get there. I've started a vit D supplement as I was deficient. 

It must be hard having different dietary advice for diabetes and kidneys. 

It must be hard having different dietary advice for diabetes and kidneys. -- it is hard @Dimity , @PizzaMondo 

my Urea acid is very high and is doing lots of damages in the body, bones and muscles 

Thank you @Shaz51 ❤️

Are your step sons all adults now or range in age?

It's very interesting to me how it looks so different in each person.

I believe, if we can have a better understanding of what it is and what it looks like for us, we can better manage it.. otherwise everything can be so overwhelming!

Yes @PizzaMondo 

All adults,  37, 36, 34, 33 and yes so different 

The youngest has worst than his siblings 

The oldest is a daughter and I am sure she has something 

I was a childcare provider years ago when the children were young 

How have you found connecting with them all @Shaz51 ? I can imagine different types of relationship or the way it plays out in your everyday life and with Mr Shaz?

Wow, so you have seen a wide range of kids and how they present!

Ha ha @PizzaMondo 

The oldest is dad's girl and does not need another mum 

S1 calls me mum 

S2 is mum's boy 

S3 calls me mum 

I keep in touch with them all 😁

We are grandparents now xx

Yes I have looked after other children from the age of 5 weeks to 14 years old 

Over 220 children and it is funny seeing them now having children of their own 

@Jynx , @Former-Member , @tyme 

Wow @Shaz51 that's so many! You're a mum to so many, not just the forums fam hehe. 

Hope your Monday has been chill so far 💜

Ha ha true my @Jynx 

Forum mum sounds nice 😁🥰

A 2 hour job this morning,  afternoon off and the rain 🌧 is back 

How are you my awesome friend 🧡