Forums

Re: I can’t cope

Thanks @Snowie 

I hope you have a good weekend too. 

Any plans?

I’ve just done a resin coaster so I now have to wait 24 hrs for it to set. 

@Captain24 got a 21st tonight (one of our friends son) and then tomorrow I have to take my mum to a dance concert for most of the day and night.

Of course both are not near where we live 😏

Sounds like a busy weekend. @Snowie.

I hope it’s goes ok for you especially tomorrow. 

Will be glad when it's over @Captain24 Both events require a lot of small talk with others which I'm not good at. Also (especially Sunday) won't have hubby to rely on.

If I had my choice I would be curled up on the couch, with my forum family hiding from the world. I'm really good at that!! 

Have you got much planned for this weekend?

When are you back at work?

Not having hubby is hard @Snowie. I know how much he is your rock. I hate small talk too.Thats part of the reason I hate the hairdresser. I’m there for 3 hrs. That’s a lot of talk. You will get through it. I have faith in you. You have us helping you through. 

Im just sitting here doing that self care bullshit. I need to find some little plastic sheets to lay down to do my arty stuff that I bought. I just need half a metre by half a metre sheets. But I need a few. 

I go back to work on Wednesday but I’m going out of town on Monday for a dermatologist appointment to check on my vertiligo. It’s 2 hrs away but I can go and do more arty shopping. There’s not much here. I kinda want to try everything that I got while on holidays so I know whether it’s worth buying. 

After doing a lot of the arty stuff I bought. My favourites are mosaic and resin. At least I know have something else to do that I like. Did I enjoy it? Not overly but it was ok. The polymer clay didn’t work and looks terrible. I’m just not arty enough for it. They will just go in the bin. 

Hey @Captain24  keen to see your train when it’s ready. I have the stuff to do some resin but it’s packed away somewhere! I love some stuff that I’ve seen made with it. Just mixing the liquids and stuff turns me off a bit! 
D and I did some mosaic ages ago, but we never finished. Never put the grout down. Got it somewhere, maybe we will get it finished some time. 
what did you make with the polymer clay? I’ve done a bit of polymer clay work at various groups and also make some pieces that I sell at markets.