Forums

Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Lacking direction, unsure of what I need to do and generally just fed up.......

Thinking of you @MDT 

It's been a really tough year.

Be kind to yourself mate.

Re: Lacking direction, unsure of what I need to do and generally just fed up.......

@MDT  you have done nothing to be sorry for. I hope you are ok 🌞

Once things look a bit better tabs @TAB
I want it to reflect where I am at in life atm

Thanks @Schitzo my friend its good to see you

Ribbet ribbet lil frog
@frog

You are a great forumite friend 🙂

Getting my coffee and bread hit and then going to go home and figure out my battle plan for today

Okay @MDT

This will explain where I am at in life atm. I sent this to my pschologist.

The issue is work. I was able to speak to both my dad and mum during this week about it. Broadly speaking, work is just one facet of a problem I am in the middle of - there are other parts as well. Namely, the problem I am having at the moment in relation to knowing what to do and where to go - I actually just have no idea really. I got a tad upset on the way home yesterday talking my dad about it all and how hard it was, how angry I was that I have no idea.

The past 3 days at work have been quite trying. I slept a lot last night (i think about 10 hours or so). Fair to say it is having a negative effect on my moods, my attitude and my confidence in who I am and again, where I am headed in life.

When I took that month off back in August I was struggling to come to terms with whether or not I would quit my job and try to find something else. In the end I resolved to stay in the absence of a viable alternative. I made myself a promise that I would keep going at least until the end of the year. I'm close to that now and I am finding it hard to cope.

As I hinted at earlier, I was considering going to the ED but I guess last time I went they made it clear that if things get THAT bad next time then by all means go there but at the same time remember that the ED is a last resort for when things are really bad. I had that experience on Tuesday afternoon, save for one experience at work when I was talking to a colleague and laughing about something. If that didn't occur, I guess I would've gone to the ED. But even then, come Wednesday I was terrible at 11am. I wanted to leave without explaining anything. I spent the last hour of the day froliking about doing nothing in particular.

I'm still unsure if taking the month again is a potential course of action - but I do know that it will free up time for me to concentrate on polishing off my CV/Resume and looking for new jobs and places to apply to. My approach in August to that course of action was very different - I didn't want anything to do with finding a new job because I was so unsure.

I find that the work itself is dull, monotonous and perhaps most of all... soul crushing. In the sense that I am having no positive affect on anyone or anything. I just feel like a cog in the machine and I know for a fact that I deserve much better and am capable of much more. The present situation is one in which I can't prove that with my current job - and I have little experience before that. I guess I'm revealing how conflicted the situation feels for me at the moment anyway..

I know that I will need that month, but it is simply a case of deciding when to take it.

In terms of other aspects of life - further study potentially (no idea if i want to incur more debt, what to study specifically and if it is at all worth it anyway), friendships (paranoid about not being included), relationships (no dates despite getting matches, I have no stamina to talk about myself and my direction and what i do because i hate what i do and i have no idea where to go next in life so therefore basically no direction) and my living situation (at home at the age of 27 which I know is not uncommon, but it is
something that bugs me combined along with the other problems I am having).

The past few days I haven't bothered to think too much about it because it is too depressing. I genuinely do feel like I am on the precipice of some sort of downward trend in my mental and physical health (i have really lost interest in physical fitness as a result of growing bored in life and my trajectory.... I don't see value in being fit.. or at least not as fit as what I could be... I don't want to become completely lazy..)

I don't know if that answers your question but it has turned into a bit of a rant at some level - but i hope it reveals my current situation.

If I could book an appointment asap that'd be best. In terms of leave from work I can just email my boss and say that I need it and that I can get a certification of some type to him. But yes, as I said, I want to make sure it's the right decision before I do so.

@MDT hey, Hamza, hope you feel better soon

Hopefully @Meowmy
Thanks 🙂
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance