Forums

Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

Re: Healthy Minds Webcast Series // Smashing stigma // Tues 27 Sep 7pm AEST

@NikNik

i just saw Stephanie's story using my mobile phone and - I cried. Sorry it was a bit hard to watch and hear her say how hard it was and it is a long journey.  I started thinking about my own journey and it brought tears. 

Gday Tawney.  Tonight showed me that we can make a difference.  That is is major positive I got, hope that helps.  Also it showed that I can live with my illness

Oh - that's interesting @CassieSM
It's like how they changed the name of bipolar, which was originally called manic depression.

Evening Sadgirl.  I never thought that I would have the strength but the time was right for me.  It has often been the wrong time but now it was right.  I have been empowered by the amount of good people in the world and I just hoped to help one person. I didn't want people to get to the position i got to. I have finished the ride but I just want to keep going, it has helped my healing a great deal. PS I only started riding in Jan this year.  I am still continuing to speak publically and within my organisation but it was not always like this. 

@BlueBay
Steph's determination reminds me a bit of how determined you have been recently.
You have come a long way yourself!

I think you have to have the right audience too. I have disclosed and sent links to a couple of friends who once they read about it have tried really hard to understand and have showed more empathy. I think the education is important. Those friends can then tell others so more awareness happens. However I think if I told others I'd be told to grow up and get on with it. 

Aww thanks @NikNik.

You know one day i would love to talk to children about childhood sexual abuse and how important it is to tell someone at an earlier age, not like me when it resurfaced after 30 odd years.

I want to be able to help others, but at the moment i don't believe i am strong enough, i am still struggling with a few things.

But thank you so much for your kind words, i think at times i am doing ok but then other times i feel like it's all not worth it. and then i somehow pick myself up again.

thanks @NikNik 🙂

well done steph on sharing her story

Big hugs @BlueBay

I feel similar, I would so much love to help and break the stigma, but I think I need to be stronger and further down the road of recovery.

Hi @Former-Member

Sending hugs to you too!!!  xxxooo

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance