Forums

Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

Re: Peer Group Chat // Grappling Grief // Thursday 2nd May 2024, 7-8:30PM AEST

By the way, I should mention that this 'Grappling Grief' topic was prepared weeks and weeks ago @Glisten @Shaz51 @Rockdog @survivor19 @Henry2 .

It just happened to fall at the same time as some of our members experiencing loss.

I recognise it may have brought up some unpleasant feelings. I want to keep this space open if anyone wants to share anything.

You can also email at team@saneforums.org

Thank you. I’m going well today, managed to put in annual leave at work so caught up on some much needed rest. How are you going? I appreciate your message, thank you

I'm glad to hear you are doing better today. Please look after yourself. I'm glad you took time to have some rest. 

Please know you can always chat to someone here @survivor19  You are not alone.

@tyme  Nwww  thank you.  You saying “we love you as you are”, made me realise, that my mom’s little brother is probably just going happy that I’m there.

And my cousin and I are the only cousins on his side of the family that genuinely like each other.

Guess the pressure I feel is what remains, of everyone else’s grief that impacted my childhood.

Thank you for being here @tyme 

G

Hi @Shaz51,

Hope you are going well

@survivor19 sorry about your dad, I know that losing parents is so hard.

@Shaz51  I’m struggling.
How you doing?

Maybe I should start taking antidepressants again.

Broken sleep, don’t want to get out of bed.

G

I'm sorry to hear @Glisten .

Has this been going on for a while now? I'm hearing how hard today is for you.

Sitting with you.

Glad to hear @Glisten  - I think in life, we or others put a lot of pressure on us to be something we are not. And that really hurts eventually.

I learnt a few years ago to stop caring about pleasing people. It's not that I go out to intentionally hurt people or anything, but life's too short to live life in a way that's not genuinely us. 

This is only my own thinking. Feel free to post otherwise 🙂 I'm open.

@tyme  I don’t know how women over 55 get back on their feet.

Even my daughter said to me, “I don’t know where you get the strength to do this.”

Example, Finding the right lawyer, that was lawyer number 6. Received itemised invoice. I was exhausted, did not want to check invoice, but did. Found error, I was charged for someone else’s work $145.

They promptly changed the invoice.

Thursday phone call from Centrelink, 6 months too late, about my capacity to work. The worst communication skills.

Attacked on FB local work opportunity page by female entrepreneur.

Every DV Women’s organisation has refused assistance, I don’t meet their criteria.

I use to be a person who always landed on their feet, headhunted for jobs, opportunities always found me.

The last 2 years have been completely the opposite, closed doors at every turn.

I’m like a piece of fruit that has fallen off the tree and looking for a basket to roll into.

It’s been a year since I saw my uncle and aunt, and the two things I have accomplished are learning how to set boundaries and wood turning.

Better than nothing.

G

Awww @Glisten . I'm so sorry to hear this. It's as though everything has snowballed into a massive BLERGH.... I don't even know how else to describe it.

Yet through it, I see you are a fighter. I see you are not one to easily knock down. I hear it is hard now, but that's why we are here to strengthen you.

Hugs.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance